Learning Circle Insights
The 1619 Project at PPL
Thursday, 22 Oct. to Thursday, 19 Nov. at Providence Public Library
11 learners signed up; 1 responded to the survey
Why did people sign up?
- "Reconnect with an important, yet not taught or widely known part of American history."
- "A broader knowledge of the subject"
- "Increased knowledge and understanding of systemic racism and how I, as a white person, can support change."
- "Deeper understanding of the 1619 content and how we can use it for social change"
- "An opportunity to hear from others about the many issues and ideas brought up in the 1619 project"
and 6 others
Did participants reach their learning goals?
Confidence in course materials
Do participants feel more confident about what they learned?
How do participants intend to apply what they learned?
- "I start conversations on topics from the class."
Net Promoter Score
Would participants recommend learning circles to a friend?
Why or Why Not?
- "It's a great way to learn!"